The most efficient bug fixing is the one you do not have to do. The higher the quality consciousness and the competence of the developer, the higher the quality of the supplied source code. Practices such as "clean code" and static analysis allow to write virtually error-free code and even with less effort.
Our consultants roll up their sleeves and work with your developers on the quality of the source code:
- Initial analysis to determine the current code quality of your software
- Design and implementation of a static code analysis and metric system
- Operative coaching of developers and regular impulse workshops
- Definition and institutionalisation of coding guidelines and appropriate tools for static analysis and metrics
- Implementation of methods for improving the source code (e.g., refactoring, patterns)
- Code reviews by experts for frequent review of code quality
- Structure coding process and modernising and establishing developer tests (e.g., TDD, unit tests)
- Design and implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) and build systems
- Individual hands-on workshops and coaching for developers
Higher profitability of software development thanks to good source code
- Risk reduction
Identification of risk points in the code before quality problems occur, reducing personal liability in the event of damage
- Quality improvement
Uniformity and legibility of code across people / team boundaries, more code quality means fewer errors and better maintainability, detection of important changes through trend analysis.
Experience of good programmers in the development process, compliance requirements and safety-life-cycle requirements
for code quality
There are very many tools for the code analysis, code improvement and code management. Both open source and commercial tools. We will help you to find and operate the right tool.
We help you with various services in the tool environment:
- Tool evaluation by Software Quality Lab's TEC (Tool Evaluation Center)
- Procurement of tools
- Installation and basic configuration
- Adaptations of the tools (workflows, user interface)
- Integrate the tools with other existing tools
- Training the users to use the tools optimally
- Managed services to ensure smooth operation and maintenance of the tools
„Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.“
Are you facing unresolved issues in this area?
Do you have too little workforce or time to analyze and resolve an urgent topic?
Software Quality Lab helps you with research and analysis in this topic.